November 1st, 2023
October 26th, 2023
Golf car safety is essential to prevent accidents and injuries, especially since golf cars are commonly used not only on golf courses but also in communities, resorts, and other recreational areas. Here are some important safety tips to keep in mind when operating or riding in a golf car:
- Follow the Manufacturer’s Guidelines: Always adhere to the manufacturer’s guidelines and recommendations for operating the golf car. This includes passenger capacity, speed limits, and any other safety instructions provided in the user manual.
- Seatbelts: If the golf cart is equipped with seatbelts, ensure that all passengers wear them properly. Seatbelts can prevent serious injuries in the event of a collision or sudden stop.
- Speed Limits: Observe and obey posted speed limits. Most golf cars are not designed for high speeds and can easily tip over, especially on uneven terrain.
- Avoid Overloading: Do not exceed the maximum passenger and weight capacity specified by the manufacturer. Overloading a golf cars can affect its stability and handling.
- Stay on Designated Paths: Golf cars should be used on designated paths or areas meant for their use. Avoid main roads and high-traffic areas where golf cars may not be allowed or safe to operate.
- Be Cautious on Hills: Golf cars can tip over on steep slopes. If you must drive on an incline, drive straight up or down the hill, not across it. Reduce speed and use extra caution.
- Yield to Pedestrians: Always yield the right of way to pedestrians. Slow down or stop if necessary to allow pedestrians to pass safely.
- Avoid Distracted Driving: Just like when driving a car, avoid distractions such as texting, talking on the phone, or engaging in other activities that can divert your attention from the road.
- Be Mindful of Weather Conditions: Golf cars are not designed for inclement weather. Avoid operating the car during heavy rain, snow, or strong winds, as these conditions can impair visibility and traction.
- Inspect the Car: Regularly inspect the golf car for any signs of wear and tear, such as worn-out tires, faulty brakes, or malfunctioning lights. Promptly repair or replace any damaged or faulty parts.
- Use Signals and Lights: If your golf car is equipped with turn signals and lights, use them to indicate your intentions, especially when driving on public roads.
- Alcohol and Drugs: Never operate a golf car under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Impaired judgment significantly increases the risk of accidents.
- Golf Car Maintenance: Keeping your golf car in good running order by having regular maintenance checks can prevent breakdowns which in turn helps the driver and passengers ensure a safe experience. Golf Cars of Coastal Carolina offers a complete maintenance program. Reach out to them today to learn more.
By following these safety guidelines, both operators and passengers can enjoy a safer golf car experience.
October 2nd, 2023
Fixing a flat tire on a golf cart involves a process similar to fixing a flat tire on a car or a bicycle. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you repair a flat tire on a golf cart:
Tools and Materials Needed:
- Jack or Lift (if available)
- Lug Wrench
- Flathead Screwdriver or Pry Bar
- Tire Repair Kit like this one on Amazon.com
Steps to Fix a Flat Tire on a Golf Cart:
- Safety First: Ensure the golf car is on a level surface and engage the parking brake to prevent any movement. If possible, wear gloves and eye protection during the repair process.
- Lift the Car: If you have a jack or lift, raise the golf car so that the flat tire is off the ground. This step is essential for easy tire removal.
- Remove the Lug Nuts: Use a lug wrench to loosen and remove the lug nuts securing the flat tire. Keep the lug nuts in a safe place; you’ll need them later.
- Take off the Flat Tire: Carefully pull the flat tire off the wheel hub. If it’s stuck, gently tap it with a rubber mallet or a block of wood to loosen it.
- Inspect the Tire: Inspect the tire carefully to find the cause of the flat (such as a nail or sharp object). Also, check the inner part of the tire for any damage or debris.
- Repair the Tire: If the puncture is small (typically less than 1/4 inch in diameter), you can use a tire repair kit. Insert the reamer tool (usually included in the kit) into the hole to clean and enlarge it slightly. Then, insert the plug through the eye of the needle tool, coat it with rubber cement, and push it into the hole. Once the plug is inside, swiftly pull out the needle, leaving the plug in place.
- Inflate the Tire: Use an air compressor to inflate the tire to the recommended pressure as indicated on the sidewall of the tire.
- Check for Leaks: After inflating, spray the repaired area with soapy water. If you see bubbles forming, there might be a leak indicating an incomplete repair. In that case, you need to redo the repair process.
- Mount the Tire Back: Carefully mount the repaired tire back onto the wheel hub. Hand-tighten the lug nuts onto the bolts to secure the tire.
- Tighten the Lug Nuts: Use the lug wrench to securely tighten the lug nuts in a diagonal or star pattern. This ensures even pressure on the wheel.
- Lower the Cart: If you use a jack or lift, gently lower the golf car back to the ground.
- Final Check: Double-check the lug nuts to make sure they are properly tightened.
Your golf car tire should now be fixed and ready for use. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with any step of the process, make sure to reach out and seek assistance from a professional like Golf Cars of Coastal Carolina.
September 20th, 2023
Golf cars are popular for several reasons, and their popularity extends beyond golf courses. Here are some of the key factors contributing to their widespread use:
- Golfing: Golf cars are a common sight on golf courses, providing golfers with a convenient and efficient way to move around the course, carry clubs and other equipment, and reduce the physical strain of walking long distances.
- Transportation: In many communities, resorts, and large properties, golf cars are used as a means of transportation. They are ideal for short trips, such as going to the grocery store, visiting neighbors, or commuting within gated communities.
- Environmental Benefits: Golf cars are generally electric vehicles, which means they produce zero emissions, making them an eco-friendly transportation option compared to traditional gas-powered vehicles.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Golf cars are relatively affordable compared to regular cars, making them an attractive option for people looking for a cost-effective and practical way to get around, especially in areas where short trips are common.
- Low Maintenance: Electric golf cars have fewer moving parts than traditional cars, making them easier and less expensive to maintain. They also tend to have a longer lifespan, provided they are well taken care of.
- Customization: Golf cars can be easily customized and modified to suit individual preferences. People often add accessories, change their appearance, and upgrade performance features to create unique and personalized vehicles.
- Recreational Use: Beyond practical transportation, golf cars are used for recreational purposes. They are often seen at campgrounds, resorts, and beach communities, where they are used for leisurely rides.
- Accessibility: Golf cars are often used by individuals with mobility challenges or disabilities due to their ease of use and low entry height. They provide a convenient and accessible way for people with limited mobility to move around.
- Community Regulations: Some communities and neighborhoods have regulations in place that encourage or require the use of golf cars for local transportation, further boosting their popularity in these areas.
- Fun and Social Aspect: Driving a golf car can be a fun and social experience, especially in communities where neighbors often interact while driving around. It fosters a sense of community and connection among residents.
Overall, the versatility, affordability, and environmental benefits of golf cars contribute to their widespread popularity in various settings, ranging from golf courses to residential communities. Let us help you with your golf car purchase today.
August 3rd, 2023
- Enhanced Comfort: Accessories like seat covers and cushioned armrests can make the ride more comfortable, especially if you spend a lot of time in the golf car.
- Improved Functionality: Accessories such as lift kits, upgraded wheels, and tires can enhance the cart’s performance, especially when navigating rough terrains or off-road areas.
- Personalization: Golf car owners often buy accessories to personalize their cars, making them unique and reflecting their style and preferences.
- Convenience: Accessories like storage solutions, cup holders, and organizers can add convenience to the car, allowing users to carry items and beverages easily.
- Safety: Accessories such as lights, mirrors, and seat belts enhance safety, making the car more visible and secure, especially when used in low-light conditions or on busy roads.
- Entertainment: Golf car Bluetooth speakers and audio systems provide entertainment while driving, making the experience more enjoyable for passengers.
- Protection: Accessories like covers and enclosures protect the car from the elements, prolonging its lifespan and maintaining its aesthetic appeal.
- Increased Resale Value: Well-maintained and accessorized golf cars often have a higher resale value, making accessories a good investment for those who might want to sell their cars in the future.
- Functionality Beyond Golf: Many people use golf cars for various purposes beyond golfing, such as transportation in communities, resorts, and large properties. Accessories can make these alternative uses more practical and enjoyable.
- Customization: Golf car enthusiasts and hobbyists often enjoy customizing their cars as a hobby. This could involve adding various accessories to enhance the car’s appearance and functionality.
Ultimately, the decision to buy golf cart accessories depends on individual needs, preferences, and the intended use of the cart. Whether it’s for practical reasons, aesthetic appeal, or personal enjoyment, golf car accessories offer a wide range of options for customization and improvement. Golf Cars of Coastal Carolina offers a wide variety of accessories and a top-notch service department to assist you with your installation. Give them a call to learn more.
July 10th, 2023
The requirements to make a golf car street-legal can vary depending on the state or local regulations where you intend to operate the vehicle. However, some common requirements often include:
- Vehicle Registration: You will need to register your golf car with the appropriate motor vehicle agency in your state or locality. This typically involves providing proof of ownership, identification, and payment of registration fees.
- Insurance: Some areas may require liability insurance for street-legal golf carts. Check with your local authorities to determine if this is necessary.
- Safety Equipment: Street-legal golf cars often need to be equipped with specific safety features, including headlights, taillights, turn signals, brake lights, and reflectors.
- Windshield and Mirrors: A windshield and rearview mirrors are usually required for street-legal golf cars.
- Seat Belts: Depending on the jurisdiction, seat belts may be mandatory for street-legal golf cars.
- Speed Limit: There may be restrictions on the maximum speed of the golf car to make it street-legal. Some areas may require speed governors or limiters.
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN): Some states may require the installation of a unique VIN on the golf car for identification purposes.
- Horn: A functioning horn might be necessary for street-legal use.
- Turn Signals: If not included in the safety equipment, turn signals may be required for making turns on public roads.
- Rearview Mirror: In addition to side mirrors, a rearview mirror is commonly required.
- Licensed Driver: The operator of the street-legal golf car may need to possess a valid driver’s license.
- Road Use Restrictions: There may be limitations on the types of roads where street-legal golf cars can operate, such as speed limits and restrictions on high-speed roads or highways.
Always consult your local Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) like the DOT of NC or relevant authorities to determine the specific requirements and regulations for making a golf car street-legal in your area. Compliance with these regulations is crucial to ensure the safe and legal operation of the vehicle on public roads. For more information contact Golf Cars of Coastal Carolinas.
June 1st, 2023
Golf carts, like any other mechanical equipment, require regular tune-ups to ensure their optimal performance and longevity. And here are a few reasons why.
- Maintenance: Regular tune-ups help maintain the overall performance and functionality of the golf cart. By following Club Cars’ recommended maintenance schedule, you can identify and address any potential issues before they become more significant problems.
- Engine Performance: Golf carts, whether electric or gas-powered, have engines that can experience wear and tear over time. A tune-up allows for the inspection and adjustment of engine components. This helps ensure that the engine runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Battery Maintenance: Electric golf carts rely on batteries for power. Regular tune-ups include checking the battery condition, cleaning terminals, and verifying proper charging. This helps maintain battery life and ensures consistent power delivery.
- Brakes and Safety: Properly functioning brakes are essential for the safety of the golf cart and its occupants. During a tune-up, the brake system is inspected; this ensures that the brakes are responsive and reliable.
- Tire Maintenance: Tires on golf carts can wear down unevenly or become improperly inflated, affecting traction and ride quality. During a tune-up, the technician can check tire pressure, inspect tread depth, and rotate or replace tires as needed. This helps maintain optimal performance and safety while driving the cart.
- Electrical System: Golf carts often have various electrical components like lights, horn, indicators, and accessory outlets. A tune-up may involve inspecting and testing the wiring, connectors, switches, and replacing any faulty electrical components. This helps ensure that all electrical systems are functioning properly.
- Lubrication and Fluid Checks: Regular lubrication of moving parts such as wheel bearings, suspension components, and steering mechanisms is necessary to reduce friction and prevent premature wear. Additionally, a tune-up may include checking and topping up fluids like engine oil, coolant, and transmission fluid, ensuring proper lubrication and cooling.
By performing regular tune-ups, you can keep your golf cart in optimal condition, extend its lifespan, and ensure a safe and enjoyable riding experience. It’s important to consult a qualified technician, like the ones at Golf Cars of Coastal Carolina for the specific maintenance requirements of your model.
May 11th, 2023
Club Car is a popular brand that manufactures golf carts and utility vehicles. There are numerous accessories available for Club Car vehicles to enhance their functionality, comfort, and style. For a complete list of accessories visit Club Car. However, here are some common Club Car accessories:
- Golf Cart Enclosures: Enclosures are protective covers that shield passengers from rain, wind, and other weather conditions. They usually have zippered doors and clear vinyl windows.
- Golf Cart Seat Covers: Seat covers not only provide protection for the seats but also add a touch of personalization. They come in various colors, patterns, and materials.
- Golf Cart Lift Kits: Lift kits are used to elevate the ride height of the golf cart, allowing it to navigate rough terrains and obstacles with ease. They typically include taller suspension components and larger tires.
- Golf Cart Lights: Lights are essential for safe driving, especially during low-light conditions. You can find headlights, taillights, brake lights, turn signals, and other lighting accessories designed for Club Car vehicles.
- Golf Cart Mirrors: Mirrors are crucial for increasing visibility and ensuring safe navigation on the golf course or in other environments. Rearview mirrors and side mirrors are available for Club Car models.
- Golf Cart Batteries and Chargers: Upgrading the batteries or chargers can improve the performance and lifespan of your Club Car. High-capacity batteries and smart chargers are among the options.
- Golf Cart Windshields: Windshields protect passengers from wind, dust, and debris while driving. They come in different materials, such as acrylic or polycarbonate, and can be foldable or fixed.
- Golf Cart Storage Covers: If you plan to store your Club Car for an extended period, a storage cover helps protect it from dust, dirt, and the elements.
- Golf Cart Rear Seats and Cargo Boxes: Rear seats and cargo boxes can be installed to increase passenger capacity or provide storage space for carrying equipment, groceries, or other items.
- Golf Cart Audio Systems: If you enjoy music while driving, you can install speakers, radios, or Bluetooth-enabled audio systems specifically designed for Club Car vehicles.
These are just a few examples of the accessories available for Club Car vehicles. It’s important to note that compatibility may vary depending on the specific Club Car model and year, so always ensure that the accessory you choose is compatible with your vehicle. Here at GCCC we can help you with any of your accessory needs. Call today 910-444-1006
April 10th, 2023
The choice between gas or electric golf cars depends on various factors, including personal preferences, specific needs, and environmental considerations. Gas or electric can also be determined by where you will be driving your golf car. If you are going to be driving on a state-funded road, some cities mandate whether the car can be electric or gas. Here are some points to consider for both options:
Gas Golf Carts:
- Power and Range: Gas-powered golf cars generally provide more power and torque compared to electric models. They can handle rough terrains and steep inclines more effectively.
- Longer Operating Time: Gas cars have a longer run time between refueling compared to electric cars, allowing for extended use without interruptions.
- Quick Refueling: Refueling a gas golf car is a relatively quick process compared to recharging electric batteries, which can take several hours.
- Maintenance: Gas cars typically require more maintenance, including regular oil changes, spark plug replacements, and fuel filter cleanings.
- Noise and Emissions: Gas-powered golf carts tend to generate more noise and produce exhaust emissions, which might be a concern in noise-sensitive or environmentally conscious areas.
Electric Golf Carts:
- Environmental Friendliness: Electric golf cars produce zero emissions during operation, making them more environmentally friendly and suitable for areas with strict emission regulations.
- Quieter Operation: Electric cars are significantly quieter than their gas counterparts, offering a more peaceful golfing experience and reducing noise pollution.
- Lower Operating Costs: Electric cars generally have lower operating costs since electricity is often cheaper than gasoline, and they require less maintenance (no oil changes or spark plug replacements).
- Smoother Ride: Electric golf cars provide a smoother and more consistent ride due to their electric motors, which deliver instant torque and smoother acceleration.
- Charging Infrastructure: Depending on the availability of charging stations and infrastructure, recharging an electric car may be less convenient compared to refueling a gas car.
Ultimately, the choice between gas and electric golf cars depends on your priorities. If power, longer range, and quick refueling are essential, gas cars may be suitable. However, if environmental friendliness, quieter operation, lower operating costs, and smoother rides are more important, electric cars are a good option. We are here to answer all your questions and provide you with the very best golf car for your needs. Contact us today! Or click here and build the perfect Club Car!
Lithium-ion batteries offer several benefits compared to traditional battery technologies such as lead-acid or nickel-cadmium batteries. And now Club Car, a golf cart manufacturer is now offering lithium-ion battery options for some of its models.
The advantages of using a lithium-ion battery in a Club Car vehicle include:
- High energy density: Lithium-ion batteries have a higher energy density than other types of batteries, which means they can store more energy in a smaller and lighter package. This allows for longer driving distances before the battery needs to be recharged.
- Longer lifespan: Lithium-ion batteries have a longer lifespan than other types of batteries, with a typical lifespan of 500-1,000 charge cycles. This means they need to be replaced less frequently, reducing waste and saving money in the long run.
- Fast charging: Lithium-ion batteries can be charged quickly, with some models able to charge to 80% capacity in as little as 30 minutes. This makes them convenient for use in devices that need to be charged frequently or quickly. This means less downtime for the vehicle and more time for it to be in use.
- Low self-discharge: Lithium-ion batteries have a low self-discharge rate, meaning they can hold their charge for a longer period of time when not in use.
- Eco-friendly: Lithium-ion batteries are more environmentally friendly than other types of batteries, as they contain fewer toxic chemicals and metals. They are also easier to recycle than other types of batteries, reducing their impact on the environment.
Overall, a lithium-ion battery can be a smart choice for those who need a reliable, high-performance battery for their Club Car vehicle. Find out more about this new option from Club Car. Contact Golf Cars of Coastal Carolina today to learn more.